Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ethiopia steals...

So after reading the "history" of Ethiopian religion, I was very interested on the outlook that I have on the Ethiopian culture. I really found the story of the sun very interesting. When the text described how the sun of Israel left and permenantly found its true home in Ethiopia. It's peculiar that Ethiopia somewhat "claimed" the original spiritual force as their own when it "left" Israel. The story also goes onto describe how a second sun descends upon Israel. The Israelites cast out this sun until it rises to illuminate the world (aka....HUGE JESUS METAPHORE!) I don't know what to think about Ethiopians. To me it sounds like they jacked a story from another religion and also claimed the Queen of Sheba as their own. It's great that they consider themselves the royal blood line of Soloman, but the way the culture comes to that conclusion is a little skewed and/or questionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment