Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Community

So this blog is a little late coming, sorry about this. But anyway over the course of the term I've been very intrigued by the meaning of religion and the general populations definition of religion. It's very hard to classify religion as one individual thing. My own personal view on religion has changed. My spiritual life is very personal and does not involve a community type aspect. I would much rather focus on my own personal relationship with God before I am able to focus on others' spiritual relationships. However, I had no idea how powerful the community aspect of religion is like. That being said I think it's very interesting that people find strength in others in regards to a higher power. In many of the faiths we have focused on, people find a connection within a community in the physical realm in order to connect with the spiritual realm. This is ultimately a fascinating phenomenon.

1 comment:

  1. this is an interesting blog. I love that you to personal spiritual connect before community spiritual connection. I think this is a very important aspect for a person to be able to do -- if you are not able to look into yourself to connect to the spirit and always feel the need to turn to your church or community, you would feel no self-satisfaction. great post zach :)

    ReplyDelete