Friday, April 10, 2009

Personal Faith

My faith as a Christian has transitioned over the years. By transitioned, I mean that I used to be Catholic than became simply a non-denominational Christian. This is mostly because I felt disconnected with God when I went to church...as odd as that sounds. I don't know if it was the structure of the church (which is a discussion for a different day) or other things, but I truly feel my relationship with God is personal. I know that religion is meant to bring communities together like we have discussed in class. I do not disagree with this statement, however, by distancing myself from the Catholic church, I feel a greater connection with my spiritual life now than ever.
Along with the my own personal connection with God, I often times do not feel the need to express my opinions on Christianity or feel the need to "prove" that God exists. I know that spiritual guidance has helped me stay strong in situations and helped me make the right decisions. And that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment