Sunday, April 19, 2009

Interpretation Part II


So in my last post, my main talking point was primarily focused on interpretation. Going throughout the week, I kept asking myself how many different people interpreted the events that occured throughout history and interpreted and made them relevant to their own personal beliefs. I mean think about it...depending on what people are/were looking for in terms of divinity they could've have interpreted anything as being divine. I think it's so interesting that so many religions spawned off some of the same historical events. How can one person or a group of peoples' depiction of religious events or figures create relgions that appear to be unrelatable.


Although I may be taken a negative approach thus far to this topic, I'm actually in favor of interpretation. Isn't spirituality used as a guide to interpret a person's world and events in order to make their world a more predictable safe place? Many religious figures interpreted what was going on around them and applied religion to in order to explain things. People who were confused found comfort in believing in a higher power and felt safe by doing so. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that spirituality should be personally relevant to your own world and own personal situations in order to make sense of it all. However, that being said I believe it is ignorant to respond negatively to other's personal interpretation of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment